chibisaurus

Monday, December 31, 2012

Update: Happy New Year!



Happy New Year!! Well, tomorrow anyway. I hope you all had a great Christmas! I did! Tonight we are going to a friends house to celebrate New Years. It should be fun!

Sorry for two update posts in a row (the next one will probably be an update too XD). But I actually do have cosplay and sewing news to share! So yay!

So, first I'd like to let people know that I will be selling Lolita items at Anime Oasis. Probably dresses, skirts, blouses, and maybe some bloomers. We'll see. It will probably be mostly classic and some sweet. I'm excited! I hope people will like them.



Lately I've been fixing my petticoat. If you recall from one of my previous posts, my first petti was very flat and sad.Now it's much fluffier, though not completely finished. I need to add one more tier. I'm just not feeling very motivated. I've discovered that I hate making pettis. They are a pain. And this will probably be the ugliest petti. But it doesn't matter much, since you're not supposed to see it. Ah well. Perhaps the next one will be prettier. I'm hoping I'll get it done today so I can wear lolita to the New Years party tonight. The party is only in... a few hours.... I can probably do it. XD

Another cool thing is that I've been reading this awesome book!


I LOVE this book. I bought it a while back, but just recently really started reading it. And I'm so glad I bought it! It has everything I need in it! Lots of step by step instructions and pictures. It also has ways to fix problem areas. Now I feel like I actually grasp how patterns work. So I highly suggest this book to anyone teaching themselves how to sew. It's awesome.

Also in this book are block patterns. Like this:



Which are basic pattern pieces that you use as a base to create your own patterns. In this book they have patterns for a bodice, sleeves, skirt, and a dress. So I've been working on drawing those. Now I can't wait to start designing my own stuffs (actually know what I'm doing). That's right, I'm pretty much just flying by the seat of my pants. XD

One more cosplay/sewing related thing, I have a cosplay commission! The character is Vanellope Von Schweetz from "Wreck-it-Ralph." I'm only doing her skirt, so it should be easy and fun! And I'll get some monies for more cosplays!

Well this entry turned out to be relatively short. Sorry for the super long posts lately. XD Next week will either be another update or possibly the next in my Cosplayer Interview series! We'll see how I feel. ^_^

And with that, I shall leave you with this panda transforming into Sailor Moon.




Love,
Edward

No comments:

Post a Comment