chibisaurus

Monday, December 24, 2012

Update: MERRY CHRISTMAS!



IT'S CHRISTMAS TOMORROW! HOORAY!!!



I'm excited for Christmas this year! I'm not sure why. It's not any different than any of the other Christmases. I dunno. I'm just feeling festive, I guess. We are currently out of town visiting family. But I didn't want to skip my Monday blog post!

My hubby and I were naughty and did our Christmas early (which we do every year). I got lots of movies!
Including "Titanic"!! I wuv that movie so so much. My husband loves me. XD I also got a Kindle Paperwhite! Which I'm really enjoying! I'm currently reading Jane Eyre. I like it so far! I got him lots of movies, too. Cus we loves movies.

Sadly I've been sick lately. Not sure where I got it. But I'm nearly better, and should be better by tomorrow. I've been drinking lots of tea and eating tons of soup.



And you'll all be happy to know I've actually been doing cosplay related things lately! I haven't done much sewing, but I went to a cosplay holiday party with some of my local cosplay friends. And by local I mean about a 2 hour drive from my house. That's about as local as it gets for me. XD But I made NEW friends! Hooray! I went as a cute holiday Usagi. It was fun! We took photos at a park with lots of cool lights and then we went and got tacos!


Usagi and Luna (Bagheera)

Me and my new friends

Also I've been designing a lot of my own costumes for different things. In March, I'm having a fairy tail birthday party! So I'm making myself a fairy costume, cus I'm going to be the fairy princess! And I'm going to make my husband be my hero. He's so excited. XD (Not really). Here are some doodles of my designs.

(WARNING: I'm a crap artist)

I sew because I can't draw. XD
So the colors will be a bit different from what I have here. The purple will be a bit more like a plum/maroon color. And I think the leafy shaped corset will be brown. My friend says I should make it of leather, which would be neat. I'm also going to wear a lovely, flowery crown and I'm going to make some cute little fairy shoes! I'm excited! Too bad it's only December. At least I have a while to design everything. XD

Here is another fairy costume I thought of. A queen bee fairy!

I'm going to cover myself in yellow sparkles for my pollen!

I've also been designing my elf costume for the LARP that is happening.... sometime soon. Lol. They are still figuring out the particulars. But hopefully I can get my elfy costume done in time. I wanted to design something more "ElfQuest" like and NOT "Lord of the Rings." I just don't like the airy, fairy, elegant elves. I like the kind of wild elves that hunt and work hard (and have elf orgies)! XD

So I drew some ideas:






This was my original design. Which I like. It ties up the side and has a removable hood. But then I watched "Conan the Barbarian" (the 80's Schwarzenegger one) and I was inspired to make one more like what his mom wears at the beginning.


I obviously do not own this picture. It's probably owned by Universal Pictures.
Mine won't have sleeves, so I can make it more versatile for winter or summer wear. And I'll probably put furry trim around the sleeves and edges of the bottom. I drew up a doodle, but I forgot to take a picture. It's probably for the better, though. Since my doodles are kind of scary. XD


I also started work on my Sailor Moon skirt... and then promptly quit. I'm having trouble deciding if I want an inverted pleat in the middle or a box pleat. I don't know yet. I'll figure it out, though. I think I'll switch to working on the leotard while I'm pondering. I'll post pictures if I ever get back to working on it. XD


Also, this isn't exactly cosplay related, but it is Japan related. I made myself a kotatsu table! I looooove it!



My mommy gave me this table, which was perfect. Because, as you can see, the framing and legs are all one unit and the table top is separate. I had to take it all apart and hammer the pieces off, since they glued the crap out of it.  And I was going to buy the kotatsu heater online. But, in passing, I mentioned I was planning to make this table to my friend Jen (the one I interviewed) and she asked if I had a heater yet, which I said no. And she said she had one she would sell to me!! Which turned out awesome, cus it cost me half as much as would have, had I bought it online. I didn't cut the legs short, cus I wanted to be able to sit on the couch and use it. Which works better for me.

So, thanks Jen and mommy! You've kept me warm this winter!



It's so cozy!  



So I think that's all! Been doing lots lately! I hope you enjoyed reading about it!



Happy Holidays! Merry Christmas! Happy Yule!


Loves,
Edward

No comments:

Post a Comment