chibisaurus

Monday, November 5, 2012

Updates: Halloween, Sailor Moon, Lolita and Larp

HI!

So this first month will be experimental. I'll try some things out on myself first, to kind of get the hang of how it's all going to work. But first, some general updates!

Halloween is finally done! Funny, Halloween used to be my favorite holiday until I discovered conventions. XD Not that I don't like Halloween, mind you, but this one was a bit hectic. I had three costumes to make. Which is actually one less than I originally thought I had to do. Let me start at the beginning...

So not long after LAST Halloween (yes, I plan that far ahead and already know what I'm doing next year), I texted my sister-in-laws (I have 4) and said, "Wouldn't it be awesome if we all did Disney heroines for next Halloween?!" Which everyone seemed to be agreeable to. So I started planning. The plan was, I'd make two of them their costumes (plus mine) and the other two would make their own. I was so excited! Well, the closer it got, the more people dropped out. It ended up just being one of them and myself. I was pretty disappointed, but ah well. Things happen. We did have Snow White (my sister-in-law) and Briar Rose/Aurora (me!) and we looked awesome! Her Snow White cosplay turned out so well! It fit her perfectly! She was sooo cute! I will do a Cosplay Showcase for it soon.

A lovely duet  Photo by Morgan Wells
I also went to a Scary Monster Halloween Party with my cosplay friends! You had to dress as a traditional monster. Well, I don't like many traditional monsters. So it was a toss up between a werewolf and a succubus. Inevitably, I chose succubus, because it was a hell of a lot easier than a werewolf. It was fun! It's actually the first "sexy" cosplay I've ever done. So it was different. Maybe next year, if I have time, I'll be a werewolf.

So, now that Halloween is over, I can be more leisurely about my projects. I don't have to sew every day to try to get anything done on time. I think the first thing I'm going to work on is a new lolita skirt! Yes, I do wear lolita, though not as much as I'd like. Mostly because I haven't had any time to make anything because of Halloween. DX But now I can get back to it! Hooray! I have a skirt design in mind and now I just need to do it!

Another project I'll be working on is my Sailor Moon cosplay. I've decided I'm going to completely tear it apart and start over. There are many things I don't like about it. I suppose if I had just done it right the first time, instead of being lazy, I would feel better about it. Ah well. You live and learn.

Poor dead Sailor Moon


And finally, my friends are making a local LARPing group. I'm excited! I've never done a LARP, or any kind of RPG for that matter, but I think it will be really fun! I've already figured out a character and costume. Now, I just have to make it! Hopefully, I can get it done before the first game! *fingers crossed*

So, that's the first REAL post! Hooray!!



Edward

P.S. Oh, and I will not be going to Tomodachi Fest in Boise, Idaho this month. Sad, I know. But Sailor Moon is in pieces and I would feel weird going to a con and not be Sailor Moon!

No comments:

Post a Comment