chibisaurus

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Lolita Teddy Bear Picnic



I'm late again, I know. But I was driving home Monday and yesterday my internet was refusing to work. But enough of that-- on with the frillies!!

As I've mentioned in my previous posts, I hosted a Lolita Teddy Bear Picnic for the local Lolitas. Now, I KNOW Lolita is not cosplay. Even though my blog is mainly about cosplay, it's also about the convention scene and nerdy/otaku stuff in general. So I think lolita has a place here.

All in all, I think my first Lolita event was a success! We gathered at a park across from the Zoo. Most everyone brought their teddy bears or other stuffed animals. It was damn hot , but I think everyone still had fun. We all looked so lovely in our frillies! Some girls didn't wear lolita or didn't have full coords, but it was really laid back and no one was snubbed for not being the perfect lolita. Haha. Which is how I like it. I can't stand stuffiness. There is a lot of snobbiness within the fashion (I suppose that's true of all fashions), so some girls were afraid to come if they weren't dressed in the perfect lolita coord. But I'm not fussy and I don't want to scare away prospective lolitas. I think being snooty like that is a real disservice to the fashion. We all start out as "itas" even if you don't want to admit it.


If you aren't aware of lolita fashion a lot of that was gibberish, so I apologize.

Anyway! After we snacked and had tea (I made rosebud tea, which everyone seemed to love!) some of us headed over to the zoo! It was so much fun and I hadn't been in a long time. I really like the Boise Zoo and I think it's getting better and better. The tigers weren't there for some reason, but we got to go into the butterfly exhibit and they also had a tiny baby monkey!! And of course, they had my favorite, the red panda. I love those little guys! And he was actually awake and running around being adorable. If I lived in Boise, I'd go visit the zoo all the time just to see the red panda.

But now for photos! LOTS of photos! All of these were taken with my iphone. If you want to see more photos check out Tim Boothby's page.

The Bears:

All of my bears (And Raf. I had to bring him)

Everyone's bears.

My favorite of the bears that were brought. I love that he's missing an eye! I love toys that have been loved to death. So cute.
Photo shoot time!

A little shy. ^_^

The one in the middle is a nursing student, so she needed to get a photo with my doctor and nurse bears!

Teddy bear coord!

She brought her boyfriend in a matching coord. Adorable.

My coord. ^_^

She matched the roses. ^_^





She made her dress. So cute!
Some cult party and mori kei girls.





On to the zoo!!

First we went to the butterfly exhibit.

They kept landing on us! It was fun!



Some cuddling gofers 
They had animatronic dinosaurs!! It was awesome.
Some adorable monkeys
Lol.

Chillin' with a camel.

They had jellies!! It was awesome. 
Tiny baby monkey!!!

The perfect scenery for her sailor coord!


I don't know... but it's awesome. 
The meerkats were so photogenic!! I love them!

Lol. So lazy.



A lion to match my kitten dress.




I had a pretty awesome time. And I think everyone else did too. We are probably going to do another lolita event in the fall, which I will most likely host as well. I'm thinking it will be halloween themed! Hehe.

Next week will be back to cosplay! Hopefully I'll have an interview ready, but we shall see.

Oh, and one last thing-- MY SUPER AWESOME DAD BOUGHT ME A BADGE FOR FANDEMONIUM! Woooo!!! I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to go, but he saved the day! So I hope to see you guys there!

~Edward

2 comments:

  1. I live in Boise, and I've wanted to meet some people who share the same love for lolita and cute things that I do. I would love to be part of your next lolita event. I don't have lolita coord but hopefully I'll be able to put something together by the fall[: You can add me on facebook if you would like, my name is Carmen Womack. I hope to hear from you! ^ w ^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should join our Facebook group! It's called Idaho Lolitas. ^_^

      Delete