chibisaurus

Monday, February 11, 2013

A Case of the Sniffles



I'm terribly sorry, everyone. I'm sick this week and just don't feel up to writing out a regular blog post. You may not know this, but it takes me 3+ hours to write one post. I just don't have the energy today.

This cold couldn't have come at a worse time. I need to get two costumes done before March. One is a commission that is debuting at Sakura-con. The other is my fairy costume for my fairy tale birthday party, happening on the 2nd. The commission is easy and is only a partial costume. My fairy costume is a bit more involved, though. I have to make the entire thing, plus wings and a staff (I'm the fairy princess, after all, I have to have a royal scepter!)

I have all my materials and I just need to make it. So instead spending all my energy and time on writing a long post, I'm going to spend it working on my costumes.

In other news, I have been working on my Sailor Moon cosplay. I've nearly completed the revamped leotard and the new skirt. I'm really liking how it's turning out! It looks much more accurate than my original version. And it's going to be completely modular, so I can do her other forms and other guardians if I want and not have to make a bunch of different leotards.


Notice pile of scrap fabric on the left. That's how a seamstress cleans her room; you just push it all off to the side so you have enough room to lay out your fabric. XD

It's not as bunchy under the bust when it's actually on me. The problem with mannequins is that they don't squish like real bodies. But anyway, I am really happy how it's turning out and I can't wait to re-debut it at Anime Oasis.

That's about it. Now, I think I'll drink some tea and read the last omnibus of CardCaptor Sakura while I take a bath, before I begin work on my fairy costume.



Love,
Edward

No comments:

Post a Comment