chibisaurus

Monday, March 25, 2013

Cosplay Showcase: Narnian as Child Rydia



My wonderful husband got me sick.... again. This is the third time he's gotten me sick and I've about had it! *grumble grumble*
 

But onto happier things! Cosplay Showcase with Narnian!! Yay! If you guys didn't read her interview last week, you should! I hope you all enjoy!



Cosplay Showcase

~Child Rydia from Final Fantasy IV



Why did you choose this character to cosplay?  Why did you choose it for the showcase?  

~I chose to cosplay Child Rydia for two reasons: 1) I love her character. She is a very strong character, even as a child, and is one of the driving forces of the game. In addition, she is one of the best characters to have on your team, especially as a child, since she is both a white and black mage. 2) I love her design. Green is one of my all time favorite colors and her design is full of different greens.  ^_^



What was your construction process?

~Overall, my construction process was very simple. I made the leotard by phenagling my measurements onto the fabric and worked with it until it fit how I wanted. The skirt was made from a scrap piece I measured and cut into a rectangle and gathered on the side.  The sash is self-explanatory since it is just a rectangle knotted at one end. The shoes and bracelets were borrowed from a friend since I did not have time to make my own.  

My favorite part is the cape and beading. The cape was made from two lengths of organza like fabric and a necklace starter with added leafy beads. I burned the edges to keep the organza from fraying and add a worn look to nod to Rydia’s back-story. Afterward, I added beads and beads and beads. There are floral and leaf beads on the leotard, small gold beads on the skirt, and beads on her hair clip. I think the outfit needs more beads once I finish the shoes and bracelets. 



The things you love about this cosplay.

~The variety of colors and the detail work are what I love most about this cosplay.  ^_^ I tried to make it a very colorful cosplay to evoke a sense of childlikeness and festivity since I imagine the people of the marsh were a very festive and colorful people.  



The things you hate.

~To be honest, I do not really hate anything about this cosplay.  I wish the leotard construction was a little better and the outfit as a whole needs more beads.  Other than that, I really love this cosplay.



A general closing statement and where one might find more pictures of this and other cosplays you’ve done.

~Cosplay is about enjoying what you do and sharing that enjoyment with others in a polite manner. Do not be disheartened by looking at yourself and/or others. You will improve. Be diligent and take the time to learn. Remember that cosplaying is about having fun. It is not a popularity contest or competition. There are aspects of competition when you are in a formal contest, but that is not all the time. Cosplaying is about working at your own pace to be your best. You cannot be your best if you are worried about and/or comparing yourself to others.  ^_^

You can find more of my work at the following websites:


Yay!! How lovely! I hope you guys liked reading about Narnian! I think she's an amazing cosplayer and she really inspires me! I can't wait to do more joint cosplays with her in the future!

Until next time!

Edward

No comments:

Post a Comment