chibisaurus

Monday, January 21, 2013

Cosplay Showcase: Jessi as Yuna



So here is Jessi's Cosplay Showcase! If you missed it, I did her interview last week. I'm glad she picked out these cosplays to showcase because she really IS Yuna. She portrays her so well!


Jessi as Yuna






Why did you chose to cosplay as Yuna from X/X-2? And why did you chose her for this showcase?

If I recall correctly, my Yuna phase was from 2009-2011. I still own both costumes and bring them out occasionally. I chose Yuna because it is the costume I've received the most compliments on. I am told I look like her naturally and so fit the costumes in a way few can hope to accomplish. I have also placed a lot of work into my Summoner & Gunner costumes. They continuously have grown better over the years.




What was your construction process like for Yuna?

Yuna was very much a piece-by-piece project. I had to focus primarily on each section of her costume before moving onto the next. This is mostly because of how detailed her outfits tend to be. I had a professional seamstress by the name of Gina help me on several occasions. I also had to pay for top-notch embroidery on the skirt & obi. I am exceedingly proud of my weapons (Nirvana and the bee guns)  - My father and I built them all together. 



The things you love about your Yuna cosplay?

Both costumes are relatively comfortable but still stop people in their tracks. During my career in cosplay, I find that this is rarely the case. Usually I'm uncomfortable if I am 'impressive'. I love the wide range of color involved in her outfits not to mention the fact that I can be friendly & beautiful while in character. I really enjoy being approached by Rikkus. They always hug me! 



The things you hate about it?

The Obi on my summoner costume never really did work out. It looks nice but it flops about a lot. Since I don't know how to make/tie a REAL obi, I had to cheat with wire & velcro. It hurts my back on occasion and isn't the easiest thing to sit in. As for my gunner costume...well...I need to be feeling skinny to be brave enough to wear it. A lot of people take pictures of my butt haha! Not necessarily a bad thing, but. Wow. You want to be feeling confident for an outing like that! 



A general closing statement about your thoughts and feelings for your Yuna cosplay and where one might find more pictures of this and other cosplays you’ve done.

I can honestly say I believe Yuna is my most successful attempt at cosplay. I am blessed to be considered 'the Yuna' in my home state. Maybe one day I'll do her Berserker outfit. Maybe. We'll see ^_^ More images can be found at geekysica.deviantart.com & Cosplaydeviants.com


And in case you weren't paying attention last time.... ^She's cosplay famous. XD


Yay!!! I hope you guys enjoyed this cosplay showcase as much as I did! 

That's two guest cosplayers down! Woo! Hopefully I will have another for you all next month!


Loves,
Edward



No comments:

Post a Comment