chibisaurus

Monday, August 26, 2013

Lots of lolita things.



Oh hi!So I didn't write a second blog post last week cus I don't have a ton to talk about so I figured I'd save it for today.

So let see, lets see.... What have I been doing?

Well I've been working on a few projects. I'm hosting another Lolita even this fall and it's Halloween/gothic themed. So I'm making an appropriate coord to wear to it. I'm excited because it's going to be a photo shoot in a graveyard! I am hoping like crazy that it snows. That would be so elegant!

Anyway, I've started making a blouse based on this pattern:

New Look 6599

Mine is going to have long poet sleeves (large bell sleeves gathered into a deep cuff). I've changed the pattern so it buttons all the way to the top, like lolita should. It's going to have a collar like C but instead of lace it will have a big ruffle. And it will have the ruffle down the front like D. It's coming along pretty well. The sleeves aren't as large as I'd like them to be but they still look nice. I think it will be very elegant with the high ruffled collar. Very Victorian, which is my favorite fashion era.

Along with my poet blouse I'm working a pin striped vest. 



Doesn't it look so pretty? Yes, well it would if it didn't look like this in the back:

My bane....

Yeah... it's like 2-3in too huge.  Because I'm not a perfect hour glass shape and my top is smaller than my bottom, I have to take in the pattern when I cut it out, which I forgot to do. So it's hugenormous. 
 So now I must rip out all of the beautiful lining and redo half the damn thing so it fits. 
But once it's done it will be lovely. And go quite nice with my ruffly collar and all my frills.

Then I'm going to make an underskirt with a chiffon ruffle to go under my black skirt so it's a little more frilly.

THEN I'm going to make another skirt for no reason in particular other than I have super beautiful fabric to make a skirt with.

Isn't it so pretty? XD

The green with birds and butterflies will be one panel in the front and the wine color will be the rest of it. I think it will be super elegant and very classic lolita.

Let see, what else? Oh I'm going to make some bloomers for my lolita coords with this pattern:



I'm going to make the shorter ones in the bottom right corner. I might actually make them a bit shorter. I also REALLY want to make the nightgown in the pattern because it's so gothic and pretty! I have no reason what so ever to make it.... except to wonder my house at night wearing it being melancholy and melodramatic. 


Hmmm... do I have any other exciting sewing things going on? I'm not starting any new cosplays yet. Well... except Pooh Bear. I was asked to join a Winnie the Pooh gijinka group, which I'm excited for! I'm really hoping I'll be able to attend the next con and get my cosplay together for it, because I've been wanting to cosplay as Pooh for a while! In our group we have a Tigger, Eeyore, Rabbit and Piglet! So I really want to be able to participate. If I can't there is always Fandem next year.

And that's it I think! I'll try to be more exciting next week. I'm thinking of trying a new series of posts for this blog. So we'll see how that goes!

Until next time!

~Edward





No comments:

Post a Comment