chibisaurus

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Bonus Apology Post



So, here it is! My bonus apology post for being so late with my con review. I've decided to show you guys all the cool stuff I got at the con! I don't know how interested you guys are in that.... but I feel like showing them to you, cus it's all awesome/adorable. And it will give me a chance to highlight some local artists!


I'll start with dealer's room stuff first and then get to the awesome handmade items!


You can't pass up on alpacas!

First we have these super adorable alpacas! I want so badly to call them llamas, because I like to say "yama," but they are, indeed, alpacas. Which are actually way more adorable in real life.

Anyway, when I saw them I knew I needed one. But I couldn't decide between the two, so I got both. Ha. These aren't the fancy Arpakasso brand (I wish I knew how to pronounce that), they are some knock off. If you'll look closely, you'll see that the purple one's eyes are not symmetrical. But he's still cute, and I can look past his physical deformaties and see the beautiful alpaca that is inside. 



The pink one is actually a coin purse! It's a bit too plushy to fit much in it, but it's cuteness makes up for it's lack of usability. Pretty much I super love these llamas! .... Alpacas.


Moving on! I'd like to present this adorable Beast Pop Vinyl figure!


Raw!
He's adorable! I almost bought the Pinocchio, but I figured if I ever cosplay as Belle I can carry him around with me! Besides, the Beast is my favorite Disney prince. I highly dislike his human version at the end of that movie, though... A blonde? Really?? And he should have a beard! 


Anyway! The last item I got in the dealer's room was Sonny Strait's comic "The Origin's of Goat"!

Yay Goat!

I super love his artwork and have a whole bunch of it! His stories are great too! Now that I'm not prepping for a con anymore, I can actually finish his other comics he has online. This one is a prequel to "We Shadows", which Goat is the main character of.

Onto the Artist Alley!

Chibis!!!

All these adorable chibis are drawn by my favorite local artist Denise "Mika" Hutchins. You may recognize that she's the same person who drew my chibisaurous at the top of my blog. I love her chibis so, so much! I especially love her black and whites. She puts so much detail into them. And I like that she doesn't try to make them look anime. She makes them actually look like the people! Which is what I wanted. I always buy several chibis at each convention. I am currently working on getting a bunch of historical chibis drawn by her. Because some folks just need to be drawn in chibi form. And some folks really look weird in chibi form...

Starting at the top, from the left: Captain Jean-Luc Picard! Because he's adorable and needed to be a chibi. My lolita penguin, for my lolita brand I'm working on. She'll be on my business cards. She's so cute and turned out perfect! H.P. Lovecraft, for my husband. We weren't sure how he was going to turn out, since he has such a long head. He really looks quite creepy without a nose! But my husband really likes how weird he looks. So, mission accomplished! Ulysses S. Grant, this is actually a print of one I got for my dad. I wanted a copy of it to go with all my other historical chibis. And then there is my favorite in this batch, Nikola Tesla. He's so cute as a chibi! And he was a super genius, even if he fell in love with a pigeon. (Screw you, Edison!)

Next we have:

My tables are saved!

These are some super awesome decoupaged coasters made by my friend Obsidian Sands Crochet and Gifts!! The Elfquest ones are obviously for me and the Batman ones I got for my husband. The EQ ones are made from the comics (sacrilege!) and the Batman ones are made from a game guide. They are really nice! They are tiles with fuzzy feet glued to the bottom. I have one in each area of my house! Obsidian also makes LOTS of other cool stuff. Like amigurumi dolls, wire and bead jewelry and trees, more decoupaged stuff and a lot of other things. You should go check out her stuff cus she's really talented!


Prepare for the squid invasion!
I also bought this super adorable jellyfish amigurumi! I can not remember who I bought it from, but I am working on finding out this info. EDIT: This jelly was made by JunkyPunkyCraft . She sells these jellys at every local con. I always wanted one, I just never had the monies to get it. I almost got the one that had a mustache, but he was blue, and I wanted a pink one. And there weren't any pink ones with mustaches (I call gender stereotyping XD).  So I got this one. I love it! Oh, and don't mind the little squids, I bought those at Fandem from someone else. But I thought they'd look cute with the giant jelly. Like they are her little minions. I have a tentacle army!! Muhahahahahhahahahaha!


*ahem*


In the name of the moon, I'll punish you!

Nyaaa!

These next two items were purchased from Dignified Bunny. The brooch my dad got for me and is inspired by Sailor Moon's brooch. It's so pretty! I wear it with my lolita coordinates. The bell necklace I bought to go with my furry kitten mittens that my friends got for me from Sakura-con. Now I just need ears and a tail and my kitty cosplay will be complete! Nyaa!





The last item I bought-- with my very last dollar!-- was this hair bow made by Mimi's Cosplay. She said they were $2, but I told her I only had $1 left so she let me have it for my last dollar. Yay! It's very nice quality! It has some very stiff interfacing inside so it keeps its shape very well. I think I will glue another type of hair clip to it though, because right now it's just put on with bobby pins. She also makes these SUPER cute hair bun covers! If I had had any more money I would have bought some. I will most definitely get some at the next con.

So there it was! All my cool con stuffs! I hope that if nothing else it was entertaining to read. And that it made up for my late post. Next week I'll probably post about my EQ camping trip, since that's happening in like... 2 DAYS!! I'm so excited!!! Gahhh!!

See you then!

~Edward

P.S. And if that wasn't enough, here is a super-bonus pic of me taking a much needed nap after the con. You'll notice I'm snuggling my alpaca. XD



No comments:

Post a Comment