chibisaurus

Monday, April 22, 2013

Cosplay Showcase: Rina as Lara Croft



So this week is Cosplay Showcase with Rina Love as Lara Croft! I think this cosplay is totally kick ass, and I think you guys will think so too!


Lara Croft: Tomb Raider Reborn


Photo by Riamux Creations



Why did you chose this character to cosplay. Why did you chose it for the showcase?

I chose Lara because she is one of my all time favorite action heroines. The costume is functional, easy to wear, and I just really enjoy being Lara. The game is a lot of fun too.

Photo by Riamux Creations

What was your construction process?

I thrifted the pants, found a top at Forever21 which I distressed using paints, oils, and fake blood. I cut holes in it to look like bullet wounds.
For the bandages I used scrap fabrics.
I spent months researching all of the angles, clothing, and accessories. I dyed my hair brown and grew my bangs out and used clip in extensions (human hair) For added length (I proceeded to purchase a wig for conventions down the line).
The boots I already owned.
The gun is an airsoft gun that's been disabled. 

Photo by Riamux Creations


I made the gun holster from a pleather mini skirt I found in the mall, hand sewn by me.
The watch was found on ebay.
The (not shown) walkie talkie was from my dad, who also made my climbing axe.
The bow I found on Ebay (Not shown).

I made my necklace as well.


Photo by Riamux Creations


The things you love about this cosplay.

All of my accessories and it's honestly a lot of fun to wear. It's extremely comfortable.


The things you hate.

Doing the makeup and putting on the wig can take a while.

Photo by Riamux Creations


A general closing statement and where one might find more pictures of this and other cosplays you’ve done.

Facebook and Deviantart! :) 

Photo by Riamux Creations





Man, I love all the details in this one. It looks awesome! And what an epic photo shoot! I hope you all enjoyed this Cosplay Showcase with Rina!

Next week I think it will be a general update. It's crunch time for Anime Oasis. Only a month away! And I have so much to get done! Gah!!


Until next time!

Edward

No comments:

Post a Comment